The effect of equilibration conditions on the viability of vitrified bovine oocytes of cows
The effect of the equilibration conditions on the viability of in vitro matured bovine oocytes after vitrification in triacetate cellulose hollow fibers was evaluated in the current work. Results show that one of the factors impacting survival rates of vitrified bovine oocytes is the reduction of hyperosmotic strass by the means of decreasing of cryoprotectant concentration in equilibration solution.
2. Jin B., Kawai Y., Hara T., Takeda S., Seki S., Nakata Y., Matsukawa K., Koshimoto C., Kasai M., Edashige K. Pathway for the movement of water and cryoprotectants in bovine oocytes and embryos // Biology of Reproduction . – 2011, V. 85, No. 4, P. 834–847.
3. Lai D., Ding J., Smith G.W., Smith G.D., Takayama S. Slow and steady cell shrinkage reduces osmotic stress in bovine and murine oocyte and zygote vitrification // Human Reproduction, 2014, V. 30, No. 1, P. 37–45.
4. Larman M.G., Sheehan C.B., Gardner D.K. Calcium-free vitrification reduces cryoprotectant-induced zona pellucida hardening and increases fertilization rates in mouse oocytes. // Reproduction, 2006, V. 131, No. 1, P. 53–61.
5. Malenko G.P., Kornienko E.V., Nesterov, I.I., Kosovsky G.Y. A new simple and reliable vitrification device based on Hollow Fiber Vitrification (HFV) method evaluated using IVP bovine embryos // Animal Reproduction, 2017, V. 14, No. 2, P. 392–399.
6. Matsunari H., Maehara M., Nakano K., Ikezawa Y., Hagiwara Y., Sasayama N., Nagashima H. Hollow fiber vitrification: A novel method for vitrifying multiple embryos in a single device // Journal of Reproduction and Development, 2012, V. 58, No. 5, P. 599–608.
7. Moussa M., Shu J., Zhang X., Zeng F. Cryopreservation of mammalian oocytes and embryos: current problems and future perspectives // Science China Life Sciences, 2014, V. 57, No. 9, P. 903–914.
8. Papis K., Shimizu M., Izaike Y. The effect of gentle pre-equilibration on survival and development rates of bovine in vitro matured oocytes vitrified in droplets //Theriogenology, 1999, V. 51, P. 173.
9. Papis K., Stachowiak E., Duda A., Ajduk A., Modliński J.A. Bovine oocyte in vitro maturation and cryopreservation: mirage or reality // Slovak Journal of Animal Science, 2015, V. 48, No. 4, P. 163–171.